Disability does not stop you from becoming a RAID diver!
The RAIDaptive OW20 course has been written to give people with disabilities a way to enjoy scuba diving, with the support of a RAIDaptive Buddy/RAIDaptive professional(s). Moving around a 3-dimensional environment while weightless is an amazing feeling and experience, and one that people with disabilities can enjoy too. The course covers all the aspects required for someone with physical disabilities to be able to experience the underwater world.
The student will be certified according to the following Designations:
• Designation 1 (D1) – Must dive with ONE RAIDaptive Buddy
• Designation 2 (D2)– Must dive with TWO RAIDaptive Buddies
• Designation 3 (D3) – Must dive with ONE RAIDaptive Instructor and TWO RAIDaptive Buddies
- 1x Academics/exam (self-study)
- 2 x theory class (~3hrs)
- 2 x pool classes (~4hrs)
- 5 x open sea dives (minimum of 2 hours underwater)
- Minimum age 15
- Medical Approval Medical Doctor signed clearance is required for all participants of the RAIDaptive Open Water 20 course